Saturday, December 16, 2017

Recipe #2: Busy Day Macaroni

I know what you're thinking. Second recipe, second non-soup recipe. Well, I did say this blog would include more than soups. This one is a favourite from my childhood! For some reason, it was filed under "Baked Goods." It ain't soup, but it ain't baked goods, either.

Update: After consulting with my mother about the origin of this recipe, I need to correct my statement above that it was a favourite from my childhood. The source is a cookbook my mother put together in the late-1980s for Daycare Connection, where she worked 1988-1998. Someone submitted this recipe for the cookbook, which was a fundraiser for the organization. By 1988, I had left home for university. So it was a favourite of the 1990s, I guess.

*

Makes 4 servings

2 tablespoons of butter
2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
2 cups of milk


Melt the butter in a 9" square pan.

Spread the macaroni evenly over the bottom of the pan.

Spread the cheese evenly over the macaroni.

Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cheese

Pour the milk over all.

Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment